Monday, April 26, 2010

I know now....

In the last posting I had said something to you about the Clomid pill. Well how that all works is you most have a period to take that pill. So that is why I got the shot to start my (fake period..mean it is not natural..they had to give me something to get it, and I don't ovulate because it is fake) so that I could take the Clomid. In my case I would start counting the first day of my "fake" period as day 1 and on the 5th-9th day I would take the Clomid. In hopes that next month I would get my period on my own. They want to you start on the lowest mg. that they offer, and work your way up. So the first month I started with 50mg. for 5 days and hoped for the best the next month. I did that for many months, I would go back to the doctor and start it all over again the next month going up in mg. by 50 every time. I finally maxed out with 250mg a day, so in the 5 day span i was taking 1250mg. Clomid is a fertility medication, so most people just take it when they get their period and most often get pregnant. But for someone with PCOS it is suppose to get this back on track. My body has a mind of it's own I guess. I know it is a bit confusing, took me a long time to understand. I hope I did a good enough job trying to explain it to you guys!!! :)

SO I KNOW NOW....that that new trial pill I was on didn't work! Someone who has PCOS and was on the strongest dose of Clomid, the chances of this trial pill working was not in my favor. The chances of this trial pill working was only 1 out of 3 women. I knew that my chances were not the best but it was worth a shot. The next steps we will be taking are going to be getting a little more pricey.

This coming Friday the 30th I will return to the doctor. We will be discussing the next steps in our journey. I am getting a little scared to go this time because it is the unknown. Since August I would pretty much know what was going to happen every time I would go back to the doctor. This time I know we will be talking about a series of shots. All I really know about them is the chance of having multiples go WAY WAY up, I think like it is 65% chance. I will be posting sometime on Friday after my appointment. So until then keep us in your prayers and thoughts in the next coming days!! ~Love The Lange's

2 comments:

  1. I will be thinking of you on Friday and will say a prayer for you to get good concrete plan in place with the doctor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how hard it is for you two but i'm praying for you two. You two deserve it and I hope that after all of this Dr. Stuff a miracle will happen. Love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete