THE NEXT STEPS
I know I said that I would post something on Friday after my appointment, but it was not a great day yesterday! I went to the doctor knowing that I would more then likely end up leaving there upset. At the visit I was given a few different options that I could pick from. The doctor told me that the NEXT STEPS were going to be very hard for me to choose from. I was so happy to have the support of my mother and mother-in-law with me at this appointment.
The 1st choice that he gave us was to try a series of shots. These shots are VERY high risk and he wouldn't recommend doing them,but are still and option. With these shots your chance of having multiples is increased by 65%-70% which can cause many complications. It can also become pricey and in most cases not give you the end result you want. The coast of the series of shots are about $300.00 a piece and you could need to take up to 15 of the shots. Insurance will cover 5-7 of the shots. Tuna and I have decided that this is not the best option for us. It is VERY high risk and I am already considered high risk due to my high blood pressure,PCOS, and being over weight.
The 2nd option he gave us was to keep taking the clomid and on the last day of clomid for the month take a 'minni' shot to bust the chances of the clomid working the next month!! In his words "This has a VERY VERY poor chance of working!" The coast would be $600.00 out of pocket for the shot,plus the coast of clomid for another month! So we have decided that this option is pretty much like taking 6 $100.00 bills and letting them go in the wind! I don't know about you..but I don't just have $600.00 to let go.
The 3rd option pushed me over board!!!!!! IN-VITRO FERTILIZATION!! This is a TOTAL out of pocket coast of around $10,000-$25,000(which may be refundable,if it doesn't work). When those numbers came out of his mouth,I lost it right then and there!! For those of you who don't know what in-vitro fertilization entails..they start by giving you self-injections of medication to produce many eggs. The eggs are then taken out by a small needle and they fertilize with sperm and hopes they marry with in 2-3 days. When they find one or two of them that have "married" they go back in and implant them in my uterus in hopes they will start to grow!
I asked the doctor what he thought the best choice was. He told me "the in-vitro fertilization is the best choice,but i have the money to do it." So as of right now we really have not decided what we are going to do. But in the next coming weeks I will be call my insurance and seeing what they all over. I am hoping that my insurance will cover at least a consultation at the in-vitro clinic.
I will be keep everyone up to date about our feeling on all of these new changes in our journey. I hope with in the next month or so we can get this all figured out and see what the coast of everything will be and what kind of financial plans the clinics offer. I also will be trying very hard to go out of my comfort zone and contacting other women who have had in-vitro done. Please continue to pray for us to have the strength to reach out to other and to help us make the right decisions!! ~Love The Lange's
No comments:
Post a Comment