Tuesday, May 18, 2010

50/50 Chance!!

The appointment today went alright I guess. I was told today the next step we are going to try had a good chance of working 50/50. I don't want to get my hopes up to high just to be let down in the end. As far as i know we could be the 50% that it doesn't work for.

I will be taking the "trial pill" again this month along with a shot. I will take the pill for five days and then take the shot on fifth day with the last dose of pills. The shot is $250.00 and it is suppose to produce the eggs.

I will also be having a HSG (Hysterosalpingogram)! In a nut shell means they will be taking a dyed x-ray of my uterus and fallopian tubes. This way they will be able to tell if the eggs were produced.

If the eggs were produced I will need to give my self another shot to get them active. If all goes as planned (keeping fingers crossed) on Memorial Day Tuna and I will be going in to have the IUI done.

I think that I said what the IUI (Intra-Uterine Insemination) was but can't remember! They thread a very thin flexible catheter though my cervix and inject the sperm directly into my uterus. Then with a lot of praying hopefully a baby will start to grow!!!!

I am soooooooo thankful for such a nice doctor to come in on memorial day to do all of this for us. He gave us his home number just in case we have any question over the long holiday weekend. This is coming from a doctor who see around 50-75 people a day! As always keep us in your thoughts and prayers!! ~Love The Lange's

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Yay! Yay! I hope it works :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep you both in my thoughts and pray all goes well for you. You are a special person Vanessa and deserve to have good things happen! I will pray for you. Love Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this works for you. my neice has triplets doing this so GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete